Friday, August 26, 2016

Goodbye CTM (Centro de Treinamento Missionário) AKA MTC (Missionary Training Center)



Hello everybody!
So this is my last time writing from the MTC!! How crazy is that? 6 weeks FLEW by. Next time I write you I will probably feel a lot different then I do now because I will be the newbie again, and I will be much more hot. Literally every time I tell a Brazilian where my mission is they say "Muito quente!!" which means very hot. So I say goodbye to cold weather for 2 years this week.
This week has been busy. Saturday we went proselyting again! It was crazy. On the way to where we proselyte it started to POUR rain. We were all kind of freaking out and I am pretty sure that every missionary said a prayer that the rain would stop. The thing is, the rain didn't stop when we got off the bus. But it did stop LITERALLY the second the instructor told us to start. And then the minute we finished the rain started again. It is amazing to me that our Heavenly Father would stop the rain for some inexperienced missionaries to hand out copies of the Book of Mormon for an hour. It was such a cool experience.
One of my favorite parts of this whole MTC experience happened Sunday night. There is a tradition that the leaving American district picks another district and they all sing a few songs together. So the district right above us, who we had all become really close to, invited us in and we sang. We sang a hymn then we sang the Star-Spangled Banner!! It was amazing. It made me miss home and be grateful for the USA. 
So we have been the oldest district now for a week. My Portuguese has never felt better. I feel like I am just starting to get it for real, and by this time next week I will be utterly lost again. Just got to put my faith in the Lord.
Thanks for the letter this week Mom. I loved hearing about everyone and about Brother Barton's talk! It sounded super awesome and spiritual! Also I am soooo jealous that Dad took the kids to the Rams game. Haha! On that note I would like to request Broncos updates as I realize that the season is starting very soon. J
We did hear about the Brazil men’s soccer team winning the Gold at the Olympics. That night the streets sounded like gun fights and bombs but it was just fireworks in celebration of the win. It was crazy!
So I don't have my flight info yet but I know I leave Tuesday way early. I probably won't be able to call from the airport but I assume I can write you when I get to the mission home.
I love this mission. I love seeing the change in my life to live more like Jesus Christ. I can't wait for it to all be real this Tuesday when I get to my area!

Love you all!
-- 
Elder Spencer P. Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment