Monday, February 6, 2017

He did what He said He would do. He Answered!

 Elder Freitas and me with Marcos at his house Saturday night for a family night we did there.
Hi everyone!

It's February! Already! Haha I hope you all had a good week! Last week for us was huge and this week will be even bigger! I'll explain! But first I want to apologize to everyone who wrote me last week and I didn't respond! After sending a few emails last week, my email decided not to send anything anymore. I could write but they wouldn't send. So all the responses to last week you will get today (if it all works right)! Sorry again! 
 
I'll start on Tuesday. Similar to last week, Tuesday night was Ping Pong Night at the church. We went to visit with the investigators there. I sat down next to Kaique and started to talk to him. I asked if he had read 2 Nephi 31, the chapter from the Book of Mormon that we left for him to read this week. He said yes he had and before I could even start to ask him what he remembered HE started to quiz ME on the stuff in the chapter! I stopped and said, "whoa, wait a second, I'm the missionary here! Haha I ask the questions!" It was awesome. The kid is a stud. 
 
Wednesday we taught Maria Gabriella again. She is awesome. The perfect investigator. She does all the commitments, she reads everything we leave with her, she is honest and sincere, and has a real desire to learn and know the truth. That day we decided to talk to her about the Book of Mormon. Teaching about the Book of Mormon has become one of my favorite things because I have grown to LOVE the Book of Mormon more than ever. I feel such happiness and gratitude when I get to testify about the book. Maria loved the lesson and at the end we challenged her to be baptized on the 11th! She seemed timid but said she would pray and if she got a yes than she would. We were really excited. Then we talked with her about real intent. Real intent to know the truth, and (the key) to follow our answer, whatever it is. 
 
Fast-forward to Saturday. We met with Maria Gabriella again. She again read all that we left for her and answered the questions we put on Sticky Notes.  She really has started to like the Book of Mormon. We started the lesson and of course the first thing we asked was, "So did you say that prayer asking if the Church was true and if you need to be baptized?!" She said "Yes I said the prayer." Us, "AND...???" She just smiled and said, "Yes! I got a yes." WOOHOO!! We were sooo happy. That just shows that God really does keep his promises. Maria asked with real intent and He did what He said He would, He answered. Then we asked her if she prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true. She said she had and her answer came as she was reading it. She said she always feels really good while reading it and that, she realized, was her answer. That fantastic moment was followed by a fantastic, Spirit-filled lesson. We taught about the Plan of Salvation. I got to share my testimony about eternal families. I felt impressed to talk about Grandma and how I know I will see her again. And that I WILL be together forever with my family and having that knowledge is such a blessing to me. Of course while talking about Grandma I got emotional and felt the Spirit VERY strong. It is hard to describe. But how amazing that we can be with our families forever. I sure do love my family, especially now being apart more than ever, and I can't wait to be able to spend eternity with them. 
 
Thursday we went to Marcos' house to teach him. We also met his family! His family is great; really nice, humble people. With Marcos we also taught the Plan of Salvation. It was awesome. The best part was the end. I'll write here what I wrote in my journal that night about the experience:
"At the end of the lesson we asked Marcos about the question we left him with on Sunday: 'if you knew this was all true, what do you need to do?' He answered, 'For sure, absolutely, follow the commandments of Christ, and be baptized.' We challenged him to be Baptized on the 11th. He accepted. Boom!"
 
So our lunch Saturday was at this lady named Roberta's. She is hilarious and awesome and reminds me of someone in the family that I still haven't connected. But she has two daughters. One that is 9 and the other 7. The 7 year old is named Louiza and reminds me SOO much of Avery! She is even turning 8 in July like Avery! She is blonde, and sassy, and spunky and everything Avery is. Lunch was crazy because I kept thinking I was eating with a Portuguese speaking Avery. I'll try to get a picture with her soon! 
 
Quick note that I finished reading Jesus the Christ this week. It was sooo good! I can't believe that I finished and also how much I learned. 
 
Saturday night we had a "noite familiar" or family night, with Marcos and his family at his house. It was sweet. Cleber the WML was there and we had a great time. For the message we brought the Restoration DVD that is like 20 minutes. It was so so so so so spiritual! I have seen that video and taught that lesson numberless times but I always feel SO happy when I watch that video. I shared that with them and when we asked Marcos what he liked about it he said, "There is no way that all did NOT happen. It is 100% true." He said it with such conviction and power. It was sweet! 
 
 
Sunday again rocked. We had 7, that's right SEVEN investigators at church. The most I've had my whole mission! It rocked. We taught the commandments to some of the investigators in the 3rd hour. I love how my vision of commandments has changed. Now I see them as just a way to get a bucket full of blessings dumped on you if you obey them. 
 
So everyone this week we should, no we WILL, have 3 baptisms! Saturday Marcos, Kaique, and Maria Gabriella will be baptized! Pray for them please! 
 
I love this gospel, I love my mission, and I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Spencer P. Christofferson

Our district after District Meeting, don't mind my duck face haha


Cleber , the Ward mission leader and me! He was at the family night we had with Marcos family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment