Monday, June 12, 2017

"I am being transferred to..."


The Guerra Family has been so good to us! 
Hey everybody!!
So first just a warning that this email may not be the best ever because I have nothing prepared like I usually do! Why? Because this morning, (Monday), we got the transfer calls! I am being transferred to Imbui which is in Salvador! So this morning I was packing my bags so the rest of the day I could do my emails, and then go say bye to the wonderful members here!

Tuesday was a good day. We went to teach Luis Paulo after he didn't go to church on the Sunday before that. We showed up ready to see what his excuse was. When we got there he was a little different. We sat down to "study" as he calls it, and the first thing he said was, "Hey I am really sorry I wasn't at church Sunday. I know what I did was wrong and I have been praying to receive forgiveness. I am going to change." Then he asked us, "do you guys think I am taking all this seriously?" I responded with what I honestly was feeling which was no. Then he looked sad and said, "Well that is going to change. From here on out this will be my first priority." It was really great. Then we had a great lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is marked to be baptized on the 24th. Sadly I will not be here because I will be transferred. But I know he will be baptized and stay strong in the gospel! And a year from now, Luis Paulo, and Cristielen will be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity! Nothing makes me happier than to think about that!! 

After our lesson with Luis we had a great lesson with Cristielen. Like last week, that woman is LOVING studying the Book of Mormon. She is learning fast and I can already tell will be a strong member and leader here in Conquista. I am excited to see her future. 

Wednesday was another cool day too. We went back to teach Luis Paulo and this time we took a present. But to explain I have to back track a little. So last Saturday we taught Luis Paulo about the Word of Wisdom and that he had to stop drinking coffee. He said he would and we even took the coffee he had and poured it down the drain. But this week when we went back he said, "Hey so I need something to drink in the mornings!" We agreed and starting to think what he could drink. We decided chocolate milk, which for some reason this country has A TON of. Then he goes, "he when you guys taught Cristielen you took the coffee we had too! So you guys have to buy the chocolate milk." HAHA!! It was funny but true. So Wednesday we took like 20 little chocolate milks for the guy! It was really funny and his little 2 year old daughter was jealous. 

But Wednesday, we also taught for the first time, a man named Reginaldo. He is Luis and Cristielen's neighbor and is 20 years old. He lives alone and has a lot of difficulties in his life. He has a son that he rarely sees and his work is tough too. He said he wants to do God's will and that was a great sign. We taught him about the Restoration and he loved it. I LOVE that lesson! Every time we teach that lesson I feel the Spirit so strong. It is all so true!! I am so grateful for my privilege every day to teach about the Restoration of the true church of Jesus Christ. And Reginaldo recognized that. We challenged him to baptism for the 24th and he accepted!

This week also we have been meeting with Andreza and checking up on her reading of the Book of Mormon. She also is doing great and loving learning more every day! One of the days this week she took us to her friend's house to teach them! But when we went her friend was busy so the next day we taught her friend, Daniella. It was great! She understood perfectly and it was such a miracle to see Andreza bear her testimony to her friend about this gospel. It made me feel so proud. To see someone like Andreza grow so much in the Gospel really was a miracle to me and it made me more grateful and happy to be a missionary. 

So some other AMAZING news, after a full week of visiting Luis Paulo he FINALLY went to church Sunday!!! WOOOHOOOO!! I was so happy when he showed up that I gave the dude a bear hug, haha! Also a quick note, I just love how God works. The things that we learn at church Sunday is always EXACTLY what the investigators need to hear. Like 100% perfect! As I was sitting in church yesterday seeing this I got so happy. And am just really grateful. 

So about my new area; Imbuí is in Salvador so I will be headed to the capital and to the HEAT! I am excited and nervous as usual with all the transfers. My new companion’s name is Elder Alves but that’s all I know about him. I am a little sad to be leaving here because I LOVE it so much but I am excited for the new adventure and challenges ahead. I know Heavenly Father will help me.

I love you all so much. I know that this gospel is true and that because of our Savior Jesus Christ we can all be saved. I know that families can be eternal and that God created a plan for us. I know that missionary work is and will be the best work I will ever do in my entire life! I love this city and these people here and they have truly touched my life. I will be forever grateful for them. It makes me comforted and happy to see that the entire world has amazing people, especially in the scary world we live in today. Hope is all we need!!

Love you all! Have a great week!


Elder Spencer P. Christofferson
P-day Selfie at the Bowling Allie
Yummy food delivery from the Guerra Family. 
Post DL Meeting. We are all standing inside a giant cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment